Overview Page - Test Your Knowledge questions: These are interactive style (matching, ordering, categorization, labeling) questions used to test the student’s incoming knowledge before completing the lesson.
Image Drag & Drop: Cloze question type with drag and drop responses within an image
1. Navigate to the tab "Exploration - Overview" and select "+Add a TYK Question."
2. Select "Image Drag & Drop."
3. Compose the question. HOL bolds the question and ensures the font is set to Scrollable.
4. Add the image by selecting “+ADD”.
Browse to the file or drag and drop the file into the pop-up. Accepted file types: png, gif, and jpg/jpeg.
- Image alternative text: add to remain ADA compliant
- Text on hover: add text the student sees when they hover over a response box
- Response positions: Select "+ADD." A response box will appear. Move to the location on the image needing a label.
- Possible Responses: Select "+ADD" to add the answers in alphabetical order.
5. Select "+ADD" under "Possible Responses" to list the answers.
6. Drag the answers to the correct boxes to set correct answers.
7. Select “More options”.
8. If the responses have more than two words, position the group of responses at the top, by modifying the “response container position”.
If the responses have two words or fewer, position the responses to the left of the stimuli.
9. The right side of the page will give a preview of what students will see.
10. Select "Save" at the top of the page.
11. On the Overview page scroll down to the new question and assign a point value.
12. Select "Save" at the bottom of the Overview page to permanently save the question.
The “Details” section can be edited as needed.
The right side of the screen will show what the question will look like to students. You can test the question and show answers to double check the built question.
Reduce the file size if the image is too large in the question viewer on the right side.
Correct answers must be placed or the Save button will not activate to save the question.