Overview Page - Test Your Knowledge questions: These are interactive style (matching, ordering, categorization, labeling) questions used to test the student’s incoming knowledge before completing the lesson.
Cloze Drag & Drop: Cloze question type with drag and drop responses
1. Navigate to the tab "Exploration - Overview" and select "+Add a TYK Question."
2. Select "Cloze Drag & Drop."
3. Compose the question. HOL bolds the question and ensures the font is set to Scrollable.
4. Begin writing the fill-in-the-blank sentences in the “Template Markup”.
When coming to a blank for the student to provide the answer click the “r” icon in the toolbar. Hovering over the icon will state “Insert Response”.
5. Enter all the “Possible responses” in alphabetical order by clicking “+ADD”.
6. Below where responses have been added, under “Set correct answer(s),” drag the correct answers into place.
7. Open the “More options” drop-down.
If the responses have more than two words, position the group of responses at the top, by modifying the “Response container position”. If the responses have two words or fewer, position the response bar to the left of the stimuli.
8. Select "Save" at the top of the page.
9. On the Overview page scroll down to the new question and assign a point value.
10. Select "Save" at the bottom of the Overview page to save the question.
The right side of the screen will show what the question will look like to students. You can test the question and show answers to double check the built question.
Correct answers must be placed or the "Save" button will not activate to save the question.