Overview Page - Test Your Knowledge questions: These are interactive style (matching, ordering, categorization, labeling) questions used to test the student’s incoming knowledge before completing the lesson.
Classification: Classify items into different categories
1. Navigate to the tab "Exploration - Overview" and select "+Add a TYK Question."
2. Select "Classification."
3. Compose the question. HOL bolds the question and ensures the font is set to Scrollable.
4. Under “Column count,” enter the number of different categories the question requires.
For example, if the question asks a student to classify statements as true or false, there would be two columns.
5. Add the title of each column by selecting “+ADD”.
In most cases, only one row will be required; however, if necessary, add additional rows and title accordingly.
6. Add the answers in ALPHABETICAL ORDER to the “Possible responses,” by clicking “+ADD”.
Responses can be grouped if desired. For example, an AP question may have students match the origin or insertion of muscles. So, the instructor can group the “Origin” responses and “Insertion” responses.
7. Below where you added responses, under “Set correct answer(s),” drag the correct answers into place.
8. Open the “More options” drop-down.
9. If the responses have more than two words, position the group of responses at the top, by modifying the “Response container position”.
If the responses have two words or fewer, position the responses to the left of the stimuli.
10. The right side of the screen will show what the question will look like to students. You can test the question and show answers to double check the built question.
11. Select "Save" at the top of the page.
12. On the Overview page, scroll down to the new question and assign a point value.
13. Select "Save" at the bottom of the Overview page to save the question.
Correct answers must be placed or the "Save" button will not activate to save the question.