Short answer, essay style questions that evaluate the student's understanding of the exercise.
1. At the bottom of the exercise page, select "Add Exercise Question."
2. In the Compose Question box, create the exercise question. HOL bolds these questions.
- Set font to "Scrollable." If you press Enter in the question field, the font will automatically change to "Normal." Highlight the text and use the drop-down to set the font back to "Scrollable."
- Add an equation by clicking the Sum icon.
- Add a table by clicking the Table icon. Add the number of rows and columns, headers, and check the box for "Condensed" and "Border."
- Add an image by selecting the image icon. Browse to, or drag/drop, the image to be added. Select "Source" to add alternative text for the uploaded image. Within the image bracket, type: alt:"[alternative text]" then select "OK."
3. Within "Text formatting options," select "+ADD" to add other formatting options the student will need to complete the essay.
Bold, Italic, Underline, Bullet List, and Numbered List are the default. Those can be written over by clicking on the down arrow to change, or deleted by clicking on the trash can to the right of the option.
Word limit is 10,000 by default. However, HOL changes the Word Limit to "Off." The options for this are controlled through the pull-down menu to the right.
4. Select "More Options."
- Submit over limit: Yes or No (Allows the student to submit work if over the word limit)
- Contains math: Yes or No (Allows equations)
- Layout: Can allow special characters. All else should remain as the default.
- Details: Edit as needed
- Add the answer under “Sample Answer”.