1. In the Instructor Portal, select a course from the My Courses page.
2. In the Navigation Dropdown, select Custom Lesson Authoring.
The Course Management screen opens in a new window. The standard options of duplicating, removing, and previewing a course are available, as well as "Create a Custom Lesson."
3. Select "Create a Custom Lesson," name the lesson, and select "Save."
After following these steps, the Custom Lesson screen will appear. The format follow's HOL's labs: an Exploration tab, and Experimentation tab, and an Evaluation tab. These are all accessible at the top of the page.
To publish a lesson, content must be added to the Exploration and Experimentation sections. The Evaluation section is optional.
4. Complete all custom notes and questions.
5. Publish the custom lesson.
- Select "Publish Lesson" at the top of the page. If any required information is missing, a pop-up will appear detailing what is missing.
- Once published, the Custom Lessons will appear at the bottom of the Lesson List in your course Lesson page.
- To re-order the lesson placement, close the Custom Lesson tab in your browser and navigate back to the Lessons page. Select and hold on the equal sign next to the custom lesson to drag it into the location of your choice. It must follow the course prerequisites.
- After publishing, the custom lesson can still be edited by returning to Custom Lesson Authoring and selecting "Edit" to the right of the lesson. When any changes are saved, a pop-up warning will appear saying that all edits will permanently overwrite previous versions.