Overview of the student’s view in Gradebook and some rules regarding students enrolled in courses.
- When the Instructor has completed grading the lessons the grades will be pushed to the student to view.
- The student will access their grades the same way as Instructors, through the Course Dashboard pulldown menu.
- By clicking on the Gradebook menu item the Lessons page will display all of the lessons in the course, which lessons have been completed, and those that have been graded.
- If the lesson has a green bubble to the right, that means that the lesson has not been completely graded. The student can see those parts that have been graded but an overall score will not be present.
- When the lesson has been completely graded the bubble will show a score and color coding according to the Legend. The pulldown legend, to the right, provides a color key. Students will also see the number of points they received out of the total possible points.
- Clicking on a lesson expands it, allowing students to see the questions and points earned in the Exploration, Experimentation, and Evaluation sections.
- Any comments from the Instructor will be designated with a callout icon to the far right of the question.
- When the student clicks on a question, a pop-up will display the question, points, their answer, and any Instructor comments/feedback.
- Be sure to delete students that have dropped from a course.
- Deactivate courses that have ended. Once a course has ended, deactivate it. This will archive the course.
- DO NOT delete students, or attempt to add new students. Courses cannot be recycled in this manner, duplicate the course instead (review section C of the Institution Admin Role for further instruction on duplicating courses). Deleting students will remove any record of their grades and course work, data cannot be retrieved once deleted.
- Instructor Admins can deactivate a course by adding an end date to the course in Course Management, or HOL can deactivate the course.
- Deactivated courses can be accessed at any time to download student reports, view the Gradebook, and access the lessons/notes.
Courses with an End Date (under Course Session Date, in Course Management), will deactivate and archive automatically.