About the V-Scope
The HOL V-Scope is an advanced virtual microscope program that simulates the use of a compound light microscope and includes a library of over 80 fully interactive slides ranging from bacteria to fruit flies to skeletal muscle.
Using advanced technology and images from real slides, the V-Scope replicates everything that a student would do on a physical microscope, including raising and lowering the platform, turning on the light, placing, centering, and focusing slides, and more.
- Recreates the experience and procedures of a physical compound light microscope
- An excellent addition to fully online science courses
- Includes access to over 80 interactive slides. Each slide is made of hundreds of high-quality images blended together to create a seamless virtual microscope experience
- Students can download slide images for easy labeling and submission
How you can use the V-Scope
- The HOL V-Scope can be used in place of a physical microscope in any HOL kit.
- V-Scope can be added to any existing HOL course, even our lessons don't require a microscope.
- We now offer the V-Scope as a standalone option for instructors who want to integrate it into existing, non-HOL course content. Available with or without our custom lesson authoring feature for full Cloud access.
Reach out to your representative today to discuss using the HOL V-Scope in your course!