These instructions will help Moodle Administrators add HOL Cloud as an external tool for an institution. If you need help locating the LTI credentials, follow the steps in Finding the Course and Lesson Hooks article.
1. Navigate to the "Site administration" setting in the left-hand menu.
2. Select the "Plugins" tab at the top of the "Site administration" page.
3. Scroll down to locate the "External tool" button and select it.
4. Select the "Manage tools" button.
5. Select "configure a tool manually" to add a new tool.
6. Fill in the tool name (Hands-On Labs). Fill in the Tool URL, Consumer key, and Shared secret. Do not fill in the Custom parameters, they are specific to each course.
If you need help locating the LTI credentials, follow the steps in Finding the Course and Lesson Hooks article.
7. Scroll down the page to the Services and Privacy sections. Set the sections as shown below. Select the "Save changes" button.
8. The tool has now been added. Note: it will now show up in the Preconfigured tool drop-down when editing is turned on in a course.
To see how to finish adding our tool in the Moodle course, start here.