D2L/ Brightspace instructors can integrate the HOL Platform using LTI credentials from HOL Cloud. If you need help locating the LTI credentials please follow the steps in How do I find the LTI hooks for my course?
This set of instructions helps you add the external learning tool and link it in the content section of your D2L/Brightspace course.
1. Navigate to the content section of your course and select "Add Existing Activities."
2. Select "External Learning Tools" from the drop-down.
3. Select "Manage External Learning Tools." Do not select "Create New LTI Link."
4. Select "New Link."
5. Add a title (ex: HOL Course). Add the Tool Provider URL. The "Allow users to view this link" check box should be selected.
6. Select the "Link key/secret" radio button. Paste the Tool Provider Key and Tool Provider Secret in the appropriate sections.
7. Select "Add custom parameters." A Save Changes window will pop up, select "Save."
Please read Which hook is best? to help you decide which course hook you should use in your course.
8. Insert the course hook information as shown.
Displayed in HOL as "course_hook=hol-mcourse-********"
9. Select all check boxes for the security settings. Select "Save" and "Close."
10. Navigate back to the content section of your course. Select "Add Existing Activities," select "External Learning Tool" from the drop down. Select the link you created.
11. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the "External Learning Tool" link.
This creates a link between D2L and HOL Cloud. You can now add individual lesson links by following the steps in Adding Lesson Hooks in D2L/Brightspace.
12. Select the drop-down next to the new "External Learning Tool" link. Select "Edit Properties In-place."
13. The properties will expand in the content block. Select the checkbox to "Open as External Resource". Select the eye icon to hide the link from students.
This course link needs to remain in the course but can be hidden from students as they do not need to use it. The Course hook link does not need to be visible to students. Students will access the HOL Cloud through the lesson links.