This set of instructions will walk you through adding lesson hooks in your Canvas course in order to enable grade transfer from HOL Cloud. If you need help locating the LTI credentials for your course, please follow the steps in How do I find the LTI hooks for my course?
Make sure you have completed the steps in Creating Apps in Canvas before completing the steps below.
1. Select the "+" button in the upper right-hand corner of the module you created in the steps from the previous article.
Optionally, you can create a new module or build the assignment in "Assignments."
2. Select "New Assignment." Name the assignment to match the lesson app you want to link. Select "Add item."
3. The new assignment will be added to the module. Select it to begin editing.
4. Adjust all applicable settings for the assignment (points, groups, etc.), then continue to scroll down the page.
If you would like to see how the HOL Gradebook works please see How to use the HOL Cloud Gradebook.
5. In the "Submission Type" drop-down, select "External Tool."
6. Select "Find" to browse for the App you created for that lesson.
7. Select the app you created for that lesson. Click the "Select" Button.
8. Select the "Load This Tool In A New Tab" check box. Adjust any other settings as desired. Then, select "Save & Publish."
9. Repeat steps 1-8 for each lesson you want to link.
Your students will be redirected to the lesson you linked when they select the assignment link. Instructors and administrators will be redirected to their HOL Dashboard.